I don’t know about you, but our spring garden is never complete without at least a few rows of crisp, spicy radishes. We love to put them in salads, on sandwiches and, of course, for snacking on while we weed! Common radishes are super easy to grow, have few pests and diseases, and can really tolerate the cold wet weather of the early spring months. Radishes are also among the easiest seeds to save, provided you follow a few simple rules. As a bonus, by saving your own radish seed you get to enjoy an entirely new round of tasty edibles in the form of the young green seedpods, which are a taste treat in their own right. So don’t pull all your radishes just yet… Read the entire article now!
- Follow Share the Seed on WordPress.com
- 5th Annual West Plains Seed and Plant Swap
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- The Role of Flowers in Pollination
- Seed Saving Time: Testing Germination Rates
- Grow Pure Seed with Blossom Bags
- Seed Saving Time: Harvesting Dry Seeds
- Seed Saving Time: Legumes
- Why Save Seed? GMO’s and Your Garden
- BORROW…GROW…SHARE! A New Seed Library in Springfield, MO
- Saving Seed Equals Healthier Plants
- Why Save Seed? Selection & Genetic Diversity
- 4th Annual West Plains Share the Seed Seed & Plant Swap
- Share the Seed Thanks Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Share the Seed Welcomes a New Chapter!
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Thank You, Baker Creek!
- Seed Saving Time: Ripe Seeds and the Float Test
- Pink Cucumber Beetle? Look again!
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach
- 2017 Arkansas Baker Creek Heirloom Seed bean bloom bag, blossom bag, gardening, how to, isolating varieties, seed saving cross pollination demonstration garden distribution donations dry seeds earth-sheltered greenhouse events flowers gardening genetic diversity GMO's harvesting healthy plants heirloom heirloom seeds holidays how to jill henderson Justin Huhn lettuce meeting notes Missouri open-pollinated over-seeding and selection packaging seeds pea pit greenhouse plant starts pollination potluck gathering preventing GMO contamination pumpkins quality seed resources save money saving seed seed exchange seed saving seed swap selection Share the Seed show me oz Sotuhern Exposure Seed Exchange storage times testing germination the garden seed saving guide The Seedkeepers tutorial walipini West Plains White Dog Walipini and Homestead winter gardening winter squash