I am very excited to announce that Share the Seed is expanding its reach with a second chapter Ava, Missouri, headed up by Share the Seed member Aubree Sanders. Aubree is an herbalist and skilled organizer who joined the group last year and comes to us with a rich history of community service and a fantastic way with people! While living in Springfield, MO, Aubree worked with the Well Fed Neighbor Alliance and the 1,000 Gardens Project educating the community about the need for food security in the Ozarks. Aubree and her partner, Bradley, own and operate Celestial Springs Herbs in Ava. She plans to kick off the Ava chapter with a seed swap! So if you live in the Ava, MO area, please contact us here to volunteer and get all the details! We will be posting the Ava seed swap event and more right here, so stay tuned!
- Follow Share the Seed on WordPress.com
- 5th Annual West Plains Seed and Plant Swap
- Seed Saving Time: Radishes
- The Role of Flowers in Pollination
- Seed Saving Time: Testing Germination Rates
- Grow Pure Seed with Blossom Bags
- Seed Saving Time: Harvesting Dry Seeds
- Seed Saving Time: Legumes
- Why Save Seed? GMO’s and Your Garden
- BORROW…GROW…SHARE! A New Seed Library in Springfield, MO
- Saving Seed Equals Healthier Plants
- Why Save Seed? Selection & Genetic Diversity
- 4th Annual West Plains Share the Seed Seed & Plant Swap
- Share the Seed Thanks Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Share the Seed Welcomes a New Chapter!
- Winter Seed Saving: Pumpkins and Squash
- Thank You, Baker Creek!
- Seed Saving Time: Ripe Seeds and the Float Test
- Pink Cucumber Beetle? Look again!
- Seeds of Significance – OP Seed Sources
- Seed Saving Time: Spinach
- 2017 Arkansas Baker Creek Heirloom Seed bean bloom bag, blossom bag, gardening, how to, isolating varieties, seed saving cross pollination demonstration garden distribution donations dry seeds earth-sheltered greenhouse events flowers gardening genetic diversity GMO's harvesting healthy plants heirloom heirloom seeds holidays how to jill henderson Justin Huhn lettuce meeting notes Missouri open-pollinated over-seeding and selection packaging seeds pea pit greenhouse plant starts pollination potluck gathering preventing GMO contamination pumpkins quality seed resources save money saving seed seed exchange seed saving seed swap selection Share the Seed show me oz Sotuhern Exposure Seed Exchange storage times testing germination the garden seed saving guide The Seedkeepers tutorial walipini West Plains White Dog Walipini and Homestead winter gardening winter squash